Wisdom Schools & Retreats
"Wisdom Schools are a format for integral learning that's based in some of the deepest roots for transformation and change in the Christian tradition. Wisdom schools are about awakening the yearning for a different kind of presence in the world and then developing the skills and the knowledge base to apply that, to transform your own life and the life of people around you."
- Thu, Aug 25BurlingameAug 25, 6:00 PM PDT – Aug 30, 12:00 PM PDTBurlingame, 2300 Adeline Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA“From time immemorial Wisdom Schools have emerged in times of global crisis or on the cusp of great leaps in human consciousness in order to help shepherd our planet through the transition." ― Wisdom Waypoints, Cynthia Bourgeault
- Sun, May 22BurlingameMay 22, 6:00 PM PDT – May 28, 12:00 PM PDTBurlingame, 2300 Adeline Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA"Contemplation...is not a special gift. It is simply seeing from the perspective of oneness, or in other words, from the level of our spiritual awareness. It can indeed be practiced, and over time, with sincerity and persistence, it becomes an abiding state of consciousness.” ― Cynthia Bourgeault
- Fri, Apr 01Trinity Episcopal ChurchApr 01, 7:00 PM – Apr 02, 5:00 PMTrinity Episcopal Church, 1500 State St, Santa Barbara, CA 93101, USAWith everything that is going on in our individual lives and the world it is easy to lose touch with the hope so desperately needed at this time. During this Retreat we will explore the teachings of Cynthia Bourgeault from her important book 'Mystical Hope.'
- Sat, Jan 01Online RetreatJan 01, 9:30 AM – 12:00 PM PSTOnline RetreatMorning Virtual Retreat: This year is coming to a close. Another year of both gift and challenge, joy and sorrow, old and new. The transition to a new year marks a moment that has been entered into as a time to pause, ponder and prepare, to acknowledge weariness and readiness to begin again. . .
- Fri, Dec 03BurlingameDec 03, 2021, 4:00 PM PST – Dec 05, 2021, 12:00 PM PSTBurlingame, 2300 Adeline Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010, USA"The season of Advent means there is something on the horizon the likes of which we have never seen before...So stay. Sit. Linger. Tarry. Ponder. Wait. Behold. Wonder. There will be time enough for running. For rushing. For worrying. For pushing. For now, stay. Wait. Something is on the horizon."
- Multiple DatesFri, Nov 05Los OlivosNov 05, 2021, 4:00 PM PDT – Nov 06, 2021, 6:30 PM PDTLos Olivos, Box 39, 2901 Nojoqui Ave, Los Olivos, CA 93441, USAWe'll explore the teachings from Cynthia Bourgeault on the Imaginal Realm and her important book 'Mystical Hope.' This material will be surrounded with a rhythm of silence, chanting, centering prayer, conscious work, reflection, movement, attention exercises, and sharing from the heart.
- Sun, Oct 31Online RetreatOct 31, 2021, 4:30 PM PDT – Nov 02, 2021, 6:00 PM PDTOnline RetreatWe often focus on spring’s Paschal Triduum, from dusk on Holy Thursday through dusk on Easter Sunday, as a chance to move inward and journey with Christ through our own passage of death to life, the process at the heart of the Christian wisdom tradition of dying before you die. It has become a . . .
- Thu, Aug 19BurlingameAug 19, 2021, 4:00 PM PDT – Aug 23, 2021, 12:00 AM PDTBurlingame, 2300 Adeline Dr, Burlingame, CA 94010, USAThis 'Wisdom School' will use Cynthia Bourgeault’s e-course video teachings to explore the Imaginal Realm so that we might learn to open ourselves to this world that surrounds and sustains us and to give back, participating in this divine exchange as conscious planetary servants.
- Thu, May 27Hybrid RetreatMay 27, 2021, 4:00 PM PDT – May 31, 2021, 12:00 PM PDTHybrid RetreatEmergence from this very difficult year of pandemic can be seen with the eyes of the heart as a great birthing of a new world. How do we align ourselves with this vision, join in this “one great act of giving birth?” What could be better guidance than the Beatitudes, Jesus’ instructions for. . .
- Wed, Apr 14Mary & Joseph Retreat CenterApr 14, 2021, 4:00 PM PDT – Apr 18, 2021, 4:00 PM PDTMary & Joseph Retreat Center, 5300 Crest Rd, Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275, USAThis Introductory Wisdom School will use Cynthia Bourgeault's e-course techings to explore our three centers of intelligence, the Rule of St. Benedict, and the Wisdom tradition as the Way of the Heart so that we might show up in the world as more conscious planetary servants.
- Fri, Feb 19Online RetreatFeb 19, 2021, 10:00 AM PST – Feb 21, 2021, 1:00 PM PSTOnline RetreatMercy Center Centering Prayer Retreat: We are in desperate need of wisdom at this time. And at this very moment, we are blessed with two powerful lenses through which this wisdom is making herself available to us: contemplative practices like Centering Prayer and the exploding world of science.
- Sat, Jan 02Online RetreatJan 02, 2021, 9:15 AM – 11:30 AM PSTOnline RetreatMorning Virtual Retreat: The particularly eventful year of 2020 is coming to a close. It. Has. Been. A. Year. A year full of pain and sorrow as well as unexpected gifts and new awarenesses coming to the surface. Practices of pondering and preparing as the old has gone and the new is yet to come ...